Monday, April 20, 2009

Bike Racing is Hard

Yesterday was the Air Force road race. I got a few good training rides in last week, so I was hoping my legs would feel better for this race. The race started out well, but on the 2nd of 5 laps, Brad wanted me to go to the front on the big climb and set a fast pace to try to widdle down the field and help to bring back the break that had gotten away. I took 2 good long pulls at the front, and was able to make it over the climb with the lead group. However, on the 3rd lap the effort from the previous lap caught up with me, and I got dropped on the climb. I ended up soloing for another lap and a half, then called it quits. There was no way I was getting back up to the group, and my legs were shot. Oh well, at least I was able to help out the rest of the team before dropping out. Maybe after a few more weeks, I'll be back in racing shape. This entire week is supposed to be in the 70s, so hopefully I can get some good training in. It's finally starting to feel like spring is here. It's about time.

No comments: