Monday, April 28, 2008

Conference Finals

This past weekend was conference finals. Well, sort of. I drove up to Wyoming on Friday night with Phil, and we arrived dreading the next morning because we heard that it was supposed to be below freezing and snowing and windy. Not the most ideal conditions for a road race. So I got up at 5:45 the next morning and was greeted by a wintry scene outside with freezing temperatures and blowing snow. I immediately considered going back to bed and not even racing. It just was not worth that kind of suffering. Then I got the best phone call I have gotten in a while... the race was cancelled! So I went back to sleep and was able to relax the rest of the day. Sunday was the conference championship crit, which did not end up being cancelled. The A race started at 8 AM, so I was up early again. The weather was a little nicer, but still cold. Temperature on the start line was 34 degrees. The race went pretty well for me... I stayed towards the front and held on for 45 min. out of the 60 min. race, which was better than last weekend's crit.

Today was a beautiful day in Boulder. I celebrated the nice weather by going for a great mountain bike ride with Peter. We did a quick ride up to Betasso, and came back in time to go to the Club Sports end-of-the-year reception, which was nice because it was a free dinner! The next few days are supposed to be even nicer, so hopefully more good rides are to come. In the meantime, I'll be studying for exams, which are next week. Ouch.

No comments: