Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Catch-Up

So it's been a while since my last post. I didn't get to post anything while I was in Italy, and I've been really busy since I got back in Boulder. I guess that's a good thing, though. Here's the abridged version of what's taken place the past few weeks.

Italy was an awesome time. We went to Venice, Cinque Terre on the coast, Montepulciano in Tuscany, and finally Rome. Each place was unique, but the common thread was wine- really good wine. It was great to be able to take another trip as a family, and I think we all really enjoyed our time together. But all good things have to end, and I had to come back from vacation so that I could make it back in time for summer school, which started on June 2. I'm taking a stats class, and so far it's going ok. My professor is cool, and the class is only an hour and a half each day. My first test was this morning, so we'll see how that turns out.

Other things that have happened since I got back in Boulder: rock climbing a few times, cycling, and stitches. Yes, stitches. I had a pretty routine crash mountain biking at Walker Ranch- nothing fancy or cool, but somehow I managed to gash open my calf and I had to make a prompt trip to the ER for 4 stitches. It wasn't too bad except for the 5 shots they had to give me to numb up the wound so that they could clean it. I'm not too fond of needles, so I wasn't really stoked about that part. The good news is, my injury has not hindered my ability to be mobile and do my normal activities. I'm still able to ride, and I've played volleyball and gone climbing since my stitches have been in. I even did the first Boulder Short Track race last Wednesday, and I raced the Mike Horgan Hill Climb up Sugarloaf Road this past weekend. Both races were fun in their own way. The short track got cut short by torrential downpours and hail, which made it quite wet and muddy. The hill climb was good because I came in 17th in the 3's after 2 1/2 weeks of not riding, so it was a better result than I expected and my legs actually felt pretty good.

So that's about all I have for now. Enjoy the pictures.








No comments: